Lake Mulehe Gorilla Lodge
Lake Mulehe Gorilla Lodge is the specialty lodging facilities in Kisoro perched on a peninsula above Lake Mulehe facing the Virunga Mountain Ranges in the southern sector of Bwindi Impenetrable forest.
The new Lake Mulehe Gorilla Lodge approximately 1793 m above sea level, in the vicinity the habituated Rushaga, and Nkuringo gorilla groups are be found as well as Mount Mgahinga National Park. With breathtaking views over Lake Mulehe there are many other activities on offer such as hiking in the Virungas, boat trips on Lake Mulehe or Lake Mutanda, village walks, forest walks and golden monkey trekking at Mgahinga NP.
It has 11 comfortable, en-suite rooms each with private verandas and breathtaking panoramic views of both the lake and mountains Muhabura, Mgahinga and Sabinyo. Offering a high level of service and great value for money, each room has an individual style which reflects the original African architecture. The guest areas are cosy and welcoming with an open fireplace for chilly nights.
The lodge is dedicated to the conservation of Uganda’s natural and cultural resources and supports local tourism initiatives and socioeconomic activities within the area which guests are encouraged to be part of during their stay.
- 4 star facilities
- 11 rooms but expanding to 14 rooms
- Best view of the lake and virungas
- Electricity and standby generator
- Full time Wi-fi connection
- We offer full body Massage
- Each room has a bathtub and shower with hot water
- Dining: we serve delicious organic meals bearing in mind the dietary requirements of all our guests.
- Gorilla tracking
- Golden monkey tracking
- Nature walks
- Batwa experience
- Story telling by the bonfire