HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GO ON SAFARI IN KENYA 🇰🇪
Don’t usually keep a thorough track of expenses, but for the first time- I’ve decided to do it on this trip with a organised little spreadsheet (check me out)!
When you think of safari, you usually assume it costs and arm and a leg, but that’s not always the case!
Safaris are great for every budget! 😃
From luxury private lodges with bath tubs 🛁 overlooking the savanna, to a pitch it yourself tent ⛺️ in the park- the options vary and you can choose a package that suites you!
Being unorganised and taking the winging it approach as usual, we waited until we got to Kenya to check out a few different tour companies.
After speaking to some locals and searching for a good reputable company, we found Lenchada/ Jocky safaris.
💰 7 DAYS/6 NIGHTS SAFARI cost breakdown
🖊 Itinerary 🖊
(2 nights) Maasai Mara
(1 night) Nakuru
(1 night)) Naivasha
(2 nights) Amboseli National park
✅ Includes: ✅
– Accommodation- tented and lodge rooms all with private bathrooms.
– Pick up from your accommodation or airport in Nairobi.
– Meals and water
– 4 x 4 Jeep
– Experienced and knowledgeable guide
– Park entrance fees
Total cost for the tour for two people.
£1192 GBP – 780 USD pp
❌ Not included ❌
– Soft drinks and snacks- (£21.07)
– Visit to see the Maasai Mara (Donation is required) – (£17.40)
– Walking tour through the canyon in Hells Gate (£6.70)
– Walking to see the hippos closer with a ranger- (Tip- £3.35)
– Tips for the guides -£12.00
TOTAL COST with extras – £1252.52 for two people. £626.26 per person. (Around £90 per day)
I would say this was the mid range accommodation/ transport option, you can get it cheaper if you go with the budget tented accommodation and the van instead of the 4 x 4 jeep! Also if you’re on a lower budget, you could just go for a couple of days to one of the parks! 😃