Hiking Mount Bisoke ⛰
(Everything you need to know)
Mount Bisoke is a 3711m dormant volcano located in the Volcanoes national park on the border of Rwanda and DRC.
⏰ Time – How long does it take?
– One day hike- can take between 2-4 hours ascend and 2 hours descend depending on your level of fitness.
– It is a steep hike and with the altitude it is tough, but doable.
💰 How much does it cost?
– You need to organise a driver 🚗 to take you from the park to the start of the trail and back after you finish. ($50 dollars from Musanse return)
– Rapid covid test to enter the park $5 pp.
– To enter the national park you must pay the fees/permit- $75 USD per person.
– This will include a guide and armed guards. You can also pay for a porter if necessary to help with your bags or pull you up 😂
🐒 Will I see animals?
The park is home to many wildlife species including the mountain gorillas 🦍, monkeys 🐒, buffalos 🐃 and elephants. If you’re lucky you can spot the gorillas 🦍 whilst on the trail, although you won’t be allowed to spend much time with them as you didn’t pay the ‘gorilla tracking’ permit price 🤫 but still a great opportunity to see them! 🙂
✅ What do I need to take?
– Hiking boots
– Walking poles (useful for the way down)
– Packed lunch to eat at the summit 🙂
– Camera/phone for pictures
🛌 Where to stay?
– Volcano view guesthouse in Musanse 🙂 awesome guesthouse, clean, friendly staff and great breakfast!
📌 Save for a great day hike whilst in Rwanda