BEST THINGS TO DO IN NAIROBI 🇰🇪
🦒 GIRAFFE CENTRE- located next to the famous Giraffe Manor, but it’s a fraction of the price! (Same giraffes though)
💰 10 USD per person and this includes seeing the giraffes and a bowl of food to feed them.
🗺 20km from Nairobi centre. Take an Uber and it should take around 45 mins to 1 hour depending on traffic 🚘
⏰ You can book a one hour slot anytime between 9-5 on their website!
🐘 SHELDRICK WILDLIFE TRUST
❤️ The most successful elephant orphanage centre in the world. This place has rescued hundreds of elephants, raised and rehabilitated them before successfully releasing them back into the wild.
💰 Minimum donation of $15 USD pp. This includes a one hour visit- information talk, seeing the elephants drinking, eating and interacting with each other.
🗺 Located in Nairobi National Park. (1 hour drive from centre with traffic🚙)
⏰ One hour visit between 11-12 only. Must book online before hand and pay on arrival in cash.
NAIROBI NATIONAL PARK 🐘 🦒 🦏
❤️ The most accessible safari park in Kenya and one of the only parks that has all of the famous animal and is located within a city.
💰 Half day guided tour- around 55 USD per person.
🗺 Located a short drive from the city centre.
⏰ Half a day is enough and most tours will start early morning around 6am for the best chance to see the animals!
– If you’re a meat lover, try the famous CARNIVORE restaurant. Offering an all you can eat meat buffet serving a variety or meats including crocodile, ostrich, camel and more 😋
– INTI- A NIKKEI EXPERIENCE- A stylish rooftop restaurant offering a 360 view of the city and serving delicious Japanese and Peruvian cuisine! 🍜
– NYAMA MAMA – Famous for serving typical Kenyan and African cuisine 😋
– HONEY and DOUGH CAFE- located in the same building as Inti, this restaurant offers a range of healthy and worldwide dishes/ including vegetarian and vegan options!
– Edmore Suites by Luxor- Westlands. Beautiful apartments- private rooms with shared kitchen/ lounge area. Great location, clean, spacious and a great price! $40 USD per night! 😃
Have you visited Kenya before? 🇰🇪