Cheap Budget Gorilla Trekking Safaris in Uganda and Rwanda
Explore relatively Cheap Budget Gorilla Trekking Safaris in Uganda and Rwanda on a basic bucket budget list to encounter our ultimate Mountain Gorilla Safaris in Uganda and Rwanda. The safe haven of primary views of the strictly endangered mountain gorilla comes out to be in Eastern Africa for Uganda, Rwanda, and DR Congo.
We are so able to produce all the information about Uganda Gorilla trekking, gorilla trekking best time to go, Uganda Gorilla trekking tours, Where to track mountain gorillas, and choose Budget Gorilla Trekking Safaris Today.
What is Gorilla Trekking?
Gorilla trekking is one of the safaris done in Uganda. Gorilla trekking in Uganda involves moving through the Impenetrable forests of Bwindi or Mgahinga tracking the magnificent giant great apes. The trek can be strenuous sometimes because the gorillas keep on moving from one location to the other. The movement of the gorillas depends on the location of the food.
Where to do Gorilla trekking in Uganda?
Mountain gorillas in Uganda are located in two national parks. The first group is located in Bwindi impenetrable national park. The Bwindi impenetrable forest is home to half of the mountain gorillas in the world and the second group is in the Mgahinga National Park.
Gorilla trekking just like Chimpanzee trekking in Uganda is an all-year through activity, however, there are 2 seasons; high and low season.
The best time to go for an Uganda gorilla trekking safari depends on the 2 rainy seasons.
The rainy seasons are usually between March-May and October – November. Therefore it is best to come between December – March, and June – September, but also in the other months, gorilla trekking can be done successfully.
What is the minimum age to go Gorilla trekking?
The minimum age to go on a gorilla trekking in Uganda and Rwanda is at the age of 15 years. Therefore you are advised to confirm the age of your children in case you want them to track the gorillas with you.
Make sure on booking the gorilla tour, you send copies of the passports of the participants including the children that are 15 years old and above.
Children below the age of 15 years will not be allowed to trek. The rules are so strict here.
How to book an Uganda gorilla trekking permit and the permit cost
Gorilla permits booking is a responsibility of Uganda Wildlife Authority, head office in Kampala. Booking can be done on an individual basis or through Gorilla Wild Travel Safaris & Adventure.
When to book a Gorilla permit
It is advisable to book a gorilla permit months before the actual gorilla trekking date. This helps in organizing your gorilla trekking tour in time.
During the peak season, getting a permit is very hard due to high demand. Therefore booking a permit 3 months before the travel date is advised.
How physically fit should I be before going for a Gorilla trekking Tour?
You should be in good physical condition. If you are sick or do not feel well, then it is recommended that you should not do trekking. Trekking can be tiresome and sometimes it can take the whole day, therefore being physically fit comes in handy.
What to pack for a Gorilla trekking tour in Uganda? and What to wear during gorilla trekking
- Water: Gorilla trekking can be very tiresome and you need to refill your tank as the trek goes on. It is advisable to park a few water filtration tablets before you come for the trek.
- Boots: You will need good waterproof comfortable shoes. Sometimes it rains during the trek, so skid-proof shoes can come in handy.
- Rain Jacket: You are advised to carry a rain jacket because it rains very often in Bwindi’s Impenetrable forest
- Snack: You can carry a light snack to give you some energy during the walk in the forest
- Trousers and Shirts: Bwindi forest is covered with thick undergrowth, therefore light trousers and long-sleeved shirts are advised.
- Socks: You will have to tuck the trousers into the socks to avoid insects crawling inside most of the Red Aunts.
- Gloves: You will need Gardening gloves because you will be grabbing tree branches, leaves, Stems, and the ground and some can be thorny.
- A Camera: Carry a good camera (a Flash is not needed ) to capture these lifetime experience Moments.
“The Popular Budget Gorilla Trekking Safari in Uganda and Rwanda Safaris”
Some of these Safari packages include Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tours in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, and Mgahinga Gorilla Park, Rwanda Gorilla Trekking tours in Volcanoes National park, Chimpanzee trekking in Kibale forest National Park and Nyungwe forests in Rwanda, The Uganda Tree climbing Lions in Queen Elizabeth and the Murchison Falls Visit.